Friday 16 May 2014

Cabbage Tomato curry


My husband is a very big fan of this curry. It is made on a regular basis at my home. I learnt this from my mom, but I love it when my mom makes it. It goes well with roti and rice.

Preparation time: 10  mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Servings: 4

Ingredients:

Cabbage, finely chopped: 1 medium size
Oil: 2 tbsp
Onions, chopped: 2 medium size
Green chilies, slit lengthwise: 2
Tomatoes, chopped: 4 medium size
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Red chili powder: 1.5 tbsp( suit your spice level)
Salt to taste
Sabji masala( optional): 1 tsp
Coriander leaves, chopped: a small bunch

Method:
  1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add onions and green chilies. Saute till onions turn golden brown.
  2. Add cabbage and tomatoes, let it cook for 5 minutes.
  3. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, sabji masala and mix well.
  4. Add half glass water and close the lid. 
  5. Cook for 4 whistles. When all the pressure is gone, open the lid. If there is any water, cook till all the water is absorbed. 
  6. Garnish with coriander leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment