Friday 27 December 2013

Marble cake


It is Christmas and New year time and there are cakes every where. So thought of making a cake at home. My mom always makes cakes in cake oven and I love them. During Christmas in my college days my friend used to bring this cake. Since I was not much into cooking those days I used to wonder how did she manage to make such cake. Today I have tried this again on Christmas and believe me, my family loved it. You will be surprised to know my little daughter does not like cakes. But when I made this, she loved it and keeps asking to make it again and again. So guys, do try and enjoy it.  

Ingredients:

Refined flour(maida): 2 cups
Sugar: 1 3/4 cups
Baking powder: 1 tsp
Butter: 100 gms
Eggs: 3
Vanilla essence: 1 tsp
Milk: 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder: 2 tbsp

Method:

1. Take flour, sugar, butter, vanilla essence, baking powder, eggs and milk in a bowl.
2. Mix them with a wooden spoon till the mixture becomes smooth.
3. Divide the mixture into two bowls. 
4. Add cocoa powder into one bowl and mix well.
5. Grease the cake oven with some butter.
6. Add the white batter to the cake oven and drop by spoonfuls the cocoa batter into it .

7. Using a knife swirl the cocoa batter into white batter to get the marble effect. 
8. Put the sand plate on the stove and place the cake oven on it.

9. Cook on low flame for 30 mins. 
10. Remove the cake oven from heat and keep aside. 
11. Allow it to cool for 10 mins and remove it from cake oven without breaking the shape. 





Sent this recipe to Gayatri's cookspotSrivalli
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good One Ashiya

kits said...

Hi Ashiya,
do you know any place I can buy this type of sand and gas oven?

~Ankit

Post a Comment